Dept. 11 YOUTH UNDER 19
SECTION B-19-5 FUN SAFETY ON THE FAIRGROUND POSTER CONTEST
FUN SAFETY ON THE FAIRGROUND POSTER CONTEST
Theme is "Know Your Farmer"CRITERIA FOR THE STATE CONTEST
Submit entries from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. the first Saturday
Premiums $4.00 $3.00 $2.00
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture will once again conduct a statewide poster contest at the agriculture fairs. Participating fairs will hold their own contest and submit one poster from each age group to the state level for additional judging and cash prizes.
1. Only one poster may be submitted per exhibitor, per age group. There will be three state competitions: ages 8-11, 12-14, and 15-18. Exhibitors must be in one of these age groups as of June 1st of the current fair season to qualify.
2. The poster size must be either 14 x 22 inches or 14 ½ x 22 inches. Other sizes will not be accepted for judging at the state level.
3. This year’s theme is"Know Your Farmer" Exhibitors using other themes will be disqualified at the state level.
4. Only one poster per age group per fair may be forwarded for the state competition. The fair secretary or contest coordinator is responsible for submitting the poster and completing the entry form for each poster with each age group.The poster and entry form can be given to the Fair Administrator at the PSACF fall zone meetings or mailed to: Fair Administrator, Department of Agriculture, 2301 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9408. The poster contest entry form can be obtained at www.agriculture.state.pa.us.
5. Posters must be packaged flat. Posters rolled or folded will be ineligible for judging.
6. Posters must be received post marked by November 1st of the current year.
7. Posters will be evaluated on use of the theme, visual appearance and creativity in relation to the exhibitor’s age.
8. Premium checks for:
1st place $100
2nd place $75
3rd place $50
These checks will be presented by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to the top three individuals. Winners will be notified in advance and invited to attend an awards presentation. They will also be required to provide their social security numbers for award disbursements.
All posters will become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for possible future promotional activities for the Pennsylvania Farm Show and Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs. Any duplication of posters from previous years will be disqualified.