The Lady Shepherds
Wednesday at 5 p.m.
Coordinated by Somerset County Lady Shepherds
Presented by the Somerset County Fair
Novelty class presented by Martin's Little Farm
1. A contestant and sheep can only enter one Leadline Competition class.
2. Sheep must be fitted and trained to show at halter.
3. Sheep will be judged on general appearance (fitting, cleanliness, etc.) .
4. The contestant will be judged on poise and appearance.
5. The contestants must be attired in a wool outfit. The percentage of wool in each item of clothing must be listed. The judges will take into consideration how much wool the contestant is wearing. Twenty- five points will be deducted from a contestants score for garments made of less than 75% wool.
6. A special $25.00 award will be given to the contestant wearing the most attractive hand-made garment . The person judging the contestant and contestant's costume will make this decision. For this class, proof of who made the garment is required along with a swatch of material must be sent to Marilee Appel 462 Byers Rd, Somerset, Pa 15501 by August 1st. Any Questions about this class, contact (814)-701-8315.
The objectives of these classes are to present sheep in an attractive manner, and give spectators a chance to see the best of the sheep industry.
1. Competition is open to any Somerset County young person as longas they are a participant in the Somerset County Fair. You will be allowed to borrow a market lamb and show in the unregistered class or the novelty class. Age division will be based on age as of August 1st. Competition will be divided into Registered, Unregistered & Novelty Classes.
A. Registered Classes:
1. Registered ewe lamb or yearling ewe. (Must be registered in the contestant’s name.)
Junior Division- Ages 9-15 (Girls & Boys)
Senior Division- Ages 16-19 (Girls & Boys)
Adult 20 and up
3. Winners of the Senior Division will be eligible to receive $20.00 from the Lady Shepherds toward expenses if they go into the state competition.
B. Unregistered Classes:
1 Ewe lambs, weather.
Junior Division — Ages 9-15 (Girls & Boys)
Senior Division-Ages 16-21 (Girls & Boys)
3. Unregistered classes are not open to participants that are not involved with a 4-H or FFA organization and are a participant in the Somerset County Fair
C. Novelty Classes:
1. Ewe lambs, yearling ewe or weather.
2. All ages 1-100
3. Two Divisions:
a. Junior Division — Ages 0-12 (Girls & Boys)
b. Senior Division-Ages 13 & Up (Girls & Boys),
4. Be Creative! Dress up.
5. This class will be judged on:
b. Audience Appeal
c. Control of Sheep
d. Appearance of Sheep well groomed)